If you’re interested in writing a blog but have no idea where to start, hopefully reading this can help you begin your journey! We’ve gathered the top 10 tips from the top bloggers around the world.
- Just Do It. Starting a blog is scary. Thoughts like “what will people think of me?” and “what if my blog isn’t good?” might run though your head. Were pretty sure that every single “big time” blogger had those same thoughts before they pressed publish for the first time (unless they’re just really awesome). If you have any inkling of wanting to start a blog, do it! It probably won’t be what you expect, but you won’t be sorry.
- Prepare. You will most likely not have the time you’d like to commit to blogging. (Isn’t that the case with everything in life?) As you get more and more into your blog, you’ll learn that it becomes quite time consuming. Set aside time each day to commit to blogging. You might have to sacrifice sleep to grow a blog, but if it’s something you’re really passionate about, we think it’s worth it.
- Be Authentic. There are certainly “ways” to build a successful blog, however, if it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. It is so crucial to have an authentic voice through blogging, and if you don’t then your readers will see right through it. We’ve gone back to some of our posts and thought, “that doesn’t sound like our brand.” It happens. Just be you in all that you do.
- Choose Your Name Wisely. You want to make sure that not only does your blog stand out but it’s the image that you truly want for yourself.
- Content is MAJOR KEY. Content, content, content. Your blog content is your portfolio. If you’re not proud of your work, don’t post it. (we could go back and delete so many posts that are cringe-worthy.) Your blog content is what keeps readers coming back, and if you’re not putting out great, original content, they simply won’t return to your site. This should be the first priority when starting a blog.
- Photography. We’ll be honest, we might have had long and I mean long conversations over one image and maybe shed some tears. It’s SO hard to master! You can create great blog content, but if you can’t photograph it, no one sees how great it is. Invest in a DSLR camera, take a photography class, learn to shoot in manual and practice like crazy!
- Schedule Post. If your like most bloggers, you have a full time job and maybe your in school. As we mentioned blogging is super time consuming. Buy a planner and plan out your post, try to get 2 or 3 posts written and then schedule its release. You literally can be sitting in class while your posts is being released into the world!!
- Don’t Compare. This is easier said than done. Never compare your beginning to someones middle. Not only does this make you feel discouraged but its stops you from seeing all of the amazing things that your accomplishing. When this happens, use their work as inspiration for where you hope to be one day.
- Create a Space. Find a special place, hell, it can be a couple special places. Make sure your comfortable and ready to write. Not everyone has a fancy office-right away & thats ok. It’s about being in a place that allows you to be creative .
10. Last- Go to a conference !!! (wink wink)
This is the best thing that you can do for yourself as a blogger. Being able to NETWORK and meet like minded individuals is just the tip of the iceberg. You will learn the ins and outs from other bloggers that have been where you are. You will get a new perspective on blogging, styling, photography and more!!
Can’t wait to read your blogs!!! Comment below with your blog info, we would love to read them!